Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Natural Theatre Company
We are looking to appoint a Chair of Trustees for the world famous Natural Theatre Company. This is a non-executive, voluntary role for a period of 3 years and it is hoped that the Chair would be able to take over in early 2017.
For more information regarding the organisation, see attached form:
AUDITIONS FOR MALE PERFORMERS
The world famous Natural Theatre Company is once again looking for high quality professional performers to join our team. This time we are looking for Male performers. We perform the costumed interpretation characters at Bath’s Roman Baths and run master-classes and workshops nationally and locally. We also perform interactive characters in the street, at festivals and at corporate events & parties. We perform locally, nationally and internationally. We are looking for trained performers living within 25 miles of Bath.
Performers must have an aptitude for up-close interactive performance …and be funny!
The company has been developing new avenues of work; so we are seeking creative, hard-working individuals who will bring energy, enthusiasm and fabulous performances to our new ideas and our existing scenarios. We need new performers from a variety of backgrounds and ages to perform the Roman characters at The Roman Baths, then to build skills to perform in our famous street theatre pieces and also to lead educational workshops and help develop new work.
We will select a small group of new performers who will work at The Roman Baths and train in our street work with a possibility of joining our pool of preferred performers. who will be on our books for work in the high season in summer next year. If that is successful, we may ask one or two performers to be added to our list of regular performers.
Working with The Naturals can be a fabulous addition to an actor’s portfolio of freelance work. However, it involves long days and time away from home, some repetitive work and no applause at the end of the day. But it does offer the ability to work directly with the audience and to create a stir in unusual places. We pay Equity approved rates.
It is essential that you can work at weekends and evenings and have periods of good availability,
The selection procedure is rigorous, as we must find the right people to perform our work and to fit into our current team. Please do not apply if you are not living in the Bath area.
- Strong improvisation skills
- Strong comic skills
- A playful approach to character work
- Ability to communicate in close proximity to the audience
- Ability to learn key facts and create a historically accurate character from these facts
- A good understanding of the care, presentation and development of costume
- Make-up skills
- Full Clean Driving Licence and good driving record
- Experience running young people’s workshops
- Strong singing voice
- A special performance skill – eg: musical instrument, stage fighting, magic
- Physical performance skills
- Experience of street & outdoor theatre
We expect all performers to be:
- Positive – specifically to be encouraging and constructive to other actors and staff; to find solutions to problems.
- Professional & reliable– to work hard and to the best of your abilities and respond to manager’s requests
- Inventive – to bring ideas to the work to celebrate the strength of the work of the Natural Theatre Company
- Team players –Respectful and mindful of your co-workers – not to enter into manipulative and bullying behaviour, not being openly personally abusive about other people in the company
- On time – to be punctual and to work had for all hours of the engagement, taking breaks as agreed.
- Clean, tidy & organised – and good personal hygiene is essential in close up work!!!
- Energetic enough to undertake long days
- Good ambassadors for The Natural Theatre Company in the way we look, speak and behave.
- To fit in with our team, take direction and work with the managers
- Have suitable periods of availability to take on work with the company
- Must not be under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating substances
- All costumed interpretation performers must know the back story of their characters
- Must wear the clothes in the authentic way as laid out in the character book.
- Must act on requests made by site staff
….. you also have to be a lovely person.
Please drop us an email at The Natural Theatre Company, with a CV, photo of you and a few paragraphs explaining your suitability for performing with The Naturals at The Roman Baths and on our street performances. If we like the email we will call you for an audition on Thursday 23rd March between 9am and 5pm. No emails from agents please.
Deadline for application emails midday, Wednesday 15th March 2017. Please note that applications received after this deadline will not be considered.